COVID-19 Guidelines & Protocols
Hello Shine Families!
We hope your family is staying safe and healthy! We have received guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health and can now resume routine dental care. We have spent the time off researching all the new guidelines so that we can so that we can safely reopen.
If we have not contacted you yet to reschedule your child’s appointment we will be soon. We will be in the office primarily on Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s if you would like to reach out.
We are striving to see one family at a time so that we can provide personalized care and allow for social distancing. We are accepting new patients so if you have any friends that are looking for a pediatric dental home we would appreciate your referral!
We are focused on providing your family the best dental care we can in the safest possible manner. To do so we need everyone’s help!
Below is a summary of some of the steps we are taking. Prior to your appointment we will be sending details of all the steps.
- Striving for one family at a time!
- Only children that have scheduled appointments that day along with one parent or guardian are allowed. If another parent would like to be present please let us know so we can make special arrangements or arrange teleconferencing.
- But just in case we have more than one family in the office we have arranged our waiting room to be more than 6 feet apart.
- Children over 4 are encouraged to come back by themselves to allow for social distancing in our rooms. We do understand that in some circumstances this may not be possible and we will adapt as necessary. This really is a chance for your child to shine and for us to get to know your child! And it gives you a much-needed break!
- Streamlined arrival and departure process.
Not Sharing Is Caring
- Bring your own toys/entertainment/device - If you have more than one child being seen please plan on bringing your own toys/entertainment. All toys and activities have been removed from the waiting room. You also have the option of waiting in the car if you are more comfortable there.;
- Sneeze guards at our front desk
- Going Paperless – You can now fill out your forms at home! Please be patient with us as we make this transition.
- We will check with you several times prior to your appointment to ask if you have any signs or symptoms or have been around anyone with symptoms – if you have please reschedule!
- Temperature checks – all people entering the building will have their temperature taken, if your temperature is over 100.4 you will be asked to reschedule.
- Universal masking – please plan on wearing masks in the office. If you do not have one we will provide you with one (exceptions for small children and children with special needs).
- All providers and staff will be screened at the beginning and end of their shifts to make sure we are staying in tip-top shape to serve you!
Clean air and clean rooms
- Our providers will be using additional protective gear – it may be helpful to prepare your child. You can tell them that their dentist has always wanted to be an astronaut so she is trying out some of their gear!
- Air purifiers are being utilized to eliminate airborne viruses.
- A UV system will be installed as an additional effort to eliminate airborne viruses.
- We are allowing ample time between patients to allow for thorough disinfection and preparation of our rooms.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this information. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we implement these new protocols. We are always striving to “be our brightest selves” so if you have any feedback, questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out!